Daitron's history of over 50 years in the form of timeline from foundation.
- Daito Shoji Co., Ltd. was founded in Kita-ku, Osaka with a capital of 300,000 yen.
Focused on sales of tape recorders, which was not common in those days, as a distributor of Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering Corporation, now known as Sony Group Corporation.
- Moved the head office to 141 Doyama-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka to respond to expanded business.
Enhanced the purchasing devision for Sony products and started sales of transformers of TAMURA Corporation and connectors of Hirose Shokai Co., Ltd. (now Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.) and Tajimi Electrics Co., Ltd.
- Moved the head office to 3-21 Oimatsu-cho, Kita-ku, Osaka for expanding business.
- Established a Tokyo Branch at 39 Hanazono-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo.
- Started to import and sell wear testing instruments and measuring instruments, etc. of US Taber Industries as its Far-Eastern distributor.
- Executed a nationwide distributorship agreement with SPC Electrics Coporation and started to sell its high-frequency ultrasonic applied equipment.
- Started the Kojirin employee training at Hieizan, which was to continue for subsequent nearly 30 years).
Applied for the Daitron trademark.
Executed a nationwide distribution agreement with Hitachi, Ltd. and started to sell clean benches and clean rooms, which was to function as a beachhead for the precision machinery market.
- Executed an exclusive distributorship agreement with the U.S. Bendix and started to sell its connectors in Japan.
Moved the head office to 1-3 Shima-machi, Higashi-ku, Osaka.
The Daitron trademark registered
- Separated the technology division and established Daito Denshi Kougyou Co., Ltd. at 1-3 Shima-machi, Higashi-ku, Osaka with a capital of 5,000,000 yen.
- Opened the Product Control Center at 3-31-29 Tarumi-cho, Suita-City, Osaka.
- The (First) Ritto Factory was completed at 689-1, Aza Nogami, Iseochi, Ritto-shi, Shiga.
Started the manufacture of cables and harnesses using Bendix connectors.
- A subsidiary DAITRON INC. was locally incorporated in Portland, Oregon with a capital of USD 100,000 as the first base in the United States, starting operations on December 1.
- Changed the trade name from Daito Denshi Kougyou Co., Ltd. to DAITRON TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD..
- The new head office building (nine-story RC) was completed at Shima-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka
- Established the Management Philosophy
- Separated the Electrical Wiring Division and established a subsidiary DAITO DENSO CO., LTD. with a capital of 80,000,000 yen, 60 regular employees and 30 part-time employees.
- Changed the trade name from Daito Shoji Co., Ltd. to DAITO ELECTRON CO., LTD. and renovated the Daitron trademark logo design at the same time.
Intensified CS activities.
Upgraded the Malaysian Representative Office to a locally-incorporated company DAITRON (MALAYSIA) SDN. BHD.
Obtained ISO 9002 certification for Procurement Dept. (Tokyo and Osaka) of Electronics Operation and Tama Sales Office.
- Went public on the over-the-counter market at Japan Securities Dealers Association (securities identification code: 7609).
Integrated domestic Group companies' accounting systems into head office's.
- Listed on the 2nd Sections of Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange, increasing its capital to 2.186 billion yen through a public offering.
Celebrated the 50th anniversary with a ceremony at the Imperial Hotel, Osaka, inviting about 300 customers and suppliers.
- A subsidiary DAITRON (H.K.) CO., LTD. was locally incorporated in Hong Kong, China with a capital of HK$3,800,000.
A subsidiary DAITRON (SHANGHAI) CO., LTD. was locally incorporated in Shamghai, China with a capital of US$500,000.
- Integrated all the sales offices and Logistics Center located in Osaka Prefecture into the new head office building at 6-11, Miyahara 4-chome, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka
- Listed on the 1st sections of the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange.
Upgraded the Seoul Branch, Korea into a local subsidiary DAITRON (KOREA) CO., LTD. with a capital of KRW1,000,000,000.
- DAITO DENSO CO., LTD. merged TAKAWA INDUSTRY CO., LTD. as a subsidiary.
- A subsidiary DAITRON (THAILAND) CO., LTD. was locally incorporated in Bangkok, Thailand with a capital of THB2,000,000.
- Took over the business for semiconductor manufacturing equipment from Emtec Co., Ltd..
- A subsidiary DAITRON (SHENZHEN) CO., LTD. was locally incorporated in Shenzhen, China with a capital of CNY100,000.
- Completed Chubu Factory as a core factory of the Group in Ichinomiya, Aichi.
- Merged with domestic subsidiaries DAITO DENSO CO., LTD. and DAITRON TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD., and changed the trade name to DAITRON CO., LTD.
Merged with Tanimotodenso Co., Ltd as a subsidiary to form Daito-Tec Co., Ltd..
- Completed Chubu Second Factory in the premises of Chubu Factory.
- Daito-Tec Co., Ltd. completed a new factory in Hiroshima, Hiroshima.
Upgraded the Taipei Branch, Taiwan into a local subsidiary DAITRON (TAIWAN) CO., LTD. with a capital of TWD20,000,000.
- Transition to Prime Market of Tokyo Stock Exchange.
A subsidiary DAITRON (SINGAPORE) PTE.LTD. was locally incorporated in Singapore with a capital of SGD500,000.
- A subsidiary DAITRON (NETHERLANDS) B.V. was locally incorporated in The Netherlands with a capital of EUR700,000.